Monday 3 March 2014

The Party's over ..(mas o menos)

Well that was Carnaval Weekend and we're taking today out to recover. Happily it's a holiday here so no school and no private classes either.  There are still a couple of days left of Carnaval but it's a little more low-key, well for us anyway, as we start to get back to some semblance of normality. 

Will this dye ever come out? 


Today Tony's been housecleaning, although I did put the washing on and hang it out (note to self to get it in!) early on. While I've been out to the garden centre then dropped in at the lottie with some strawberry plants, a couple of sage-plants and a couple of mint plants. I also bought a couple of cat-grasses for our boys here, in the hope it stops them chewing every green shoot off as soon as it pops it's head above the soil. A bag of composted soil competed my trip - ready for sowing a load of seeds for planting out later. 

Strawberries


Yesterday we skipped out of a Sitges carnaval visit in favour of a few episodes of 'Game of Thrones'. We're getting used to our new IPTV system now and a new way of watching. I've watched more films in the last couple of weeks than I've watched in the last couple of years. So far I've watched 'The life of Pi' - good but not great, 'X-men, first class' - a nice bit of escapism; and 'The Help' which was every bit as good as the book, a book I loved and read far too quickly meaning it was over too quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing 'The book Thief' soon as that was another book I loved, and 'Dallas Buyers Club'. Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: