Tuesday 4 June 2013

Lottie...

Been up the Lottie again this week - Did a bit of weeding and picked some lettuce, meddlars and Bobbie beans, which we had for dinner - things are looking good up there.

The view has gone from this: 



To this:


The plants are doing really well (as are the weeds!):

Meddlars (Nesperos)
 lettuce - 
 Rhubarb
 Tomatoes are coming along
 Courgettes
 and cherries... 

Not only are we getting good veggies from the huerto, but I spend time there messing about and time flies. I was there over two hours the other day and hadn't realised. 

On the way out I chatted to another gardener about his chickens and he said he'll save the eggs for me if I want them. He even offered me a chicken, until I realised he mean one for dinner. I quickly explained I'm a veggie to blank looks. He tried to convince me that the chickens have a great life and taste better than shop bought ones too. I could tell he didn't quite get it when I  said no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: