Wednesday 5 June 2013

TED

Just spent a great hour at school watching the first part of a film I ordered off amazon recently - Ted. 


It's the end of term, almost, and the exams for the advanced class was last week so I thought that a film was in order. They are all happy to improve their colloquial language in this way. As Julie's and Liam's classes are in the same position we have combined our groups for a couple of classes.

I had seen the ads on TV for the film and thought it looked amusing - Little did I know just how funny it was going to be. It is written by Seth MacFarlane and is in the same irreverent style. The language is a little 'spicy' shall we say, and there are some adult scenes, but my students are all adults, or near enough. 

I can honestly say I haven't seen anything so funny in a long while. Julie, Liam and I have been laughing heartily, and wiping tears from our eyes. Now some of the humour has gone over our students heads, but on the whole they too are having a good laugh. 

We've only seen just over half the film and I'm looking forward to next week when we'll be watching the rest...


2 comments:

  1. I bought that movie along with us to watch - haven't got around to it yet, but looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Davine if you like Seth MacFarlane (Family guy) you'll love it. We were almost in tears laughing so much. and only seen half so far! .

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: