Wednesday 1 January 2014

And so it begins

Yep - 2014 is here, and for those of us that thought that Christmas 1996 would be our last we've a lot to be happy about! 

2013 wasn't a bad year for us here at Casa TulStig but it did end on a rather sad month. Still enough of that let's get on with the business of a new year and all that brings.

Last night we celebrated gently to welcome in the new year- twice again as is our want. First of all at 12.00 midnight Spanish time we did the whole grapes thing whilst watching the celebrations in Madrid, then at 12.00 English time we raised our glasses and watched the fireworks from London.

This morning we were up a little later than normal. Recovering after a late night definitely gets more difficult with the passing of the years. Cuddy didn't want a walk for some reason so that was that. So with housely chores out of the way I settled down to my usual round of checking mail and replying to messages.  It is wonderful to have so many friends out there sending messages of goodwill - buoyed me up I can tell you. 

For lunch I threw a quick courgette and spinach soup together, and as we were out of bread and the local corner shop was closed I made some sun-dried tomato and onion soda bread to go with it. Yumski! 



Since then I have messed about with our new smart TV -still can't work out how to watch www.filmon.com on it - maybe need to get HDMI leads and stream direct from the laptop? (if anyone can advise just message me!)- anyway that will sort itself out bit by bit, and done a bit of writing. (http://writeyho.wordpress.com/2014/01/01/lunch/)  

I love writing so need to make sure I dedicate some time to it, likewise with the allotment, which I intend to visit over the next couple of days. I also love reading so am off now to indulge in a bit of that. Still haven't finished 'The Power of one'. I am thoroughly enjoying it, but it's not one of those books I feel the need to rush through. 
              anyway....

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL
I HOPE 2014 WILL BE AMAZINGLY AWESOME FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF US. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Mark, May 2014 be filled with good health and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly, may yours be one of abundance. XX

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: