Tuesday 14 January 2014

Exam Time

This morning was our last Catalan class for this course, and because of that it was exam time too.

We knew this was coming, but did we prepare? Like most schoolkids we left it to the last minute, then found something better to do. The number of times I tell my students to prepare for exams and not to leave it to the last minute then I do the opposite-  a definite case of do what I say not what I do.

We didn't think it would be a big exam, but it actually took up most of the one and three quarter hours of the lesson this morning.

We started off with a listening. Now this part of any exam is always difficult, but to make it extra difficult the main character in today's listening was not only speaking Catalan, but also was a Chinese gentleman - added level of difficulty because of the accent. Still I did think I got a few of the answers. Tony on the other hand found it impossible- partly cos of his deaf ear too!

Then we had another five or six sheets of questions. A reading comprehension that wasn't too difficult, a gap fill exercise, also OK, and a list of grammar questions. Some of those were OK, but a few did my head in!

So there's no class this Thursday, but there is one of sorts on Tuesday when we will get the results, and be able top sign up for the next level ... watch this space for how it all went.




2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for both of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Davine. I shall be posting the results on the 21st as soon as we get them!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: