Friday 10 January 2014

Outside

After having tidied up our garden/patio this week I mad ea trip up to the Lottie to plant one of the Yukkas that was outgrowing it's pot here.

In the garden we cut back a load of the plants and removed the dead and dying ones, cleared up the gravel and put down some clean soil. Whilst doing so we noticed that some bulbs are already peeking out ready for some delightful spring flowers to show their heads soon. I'm happy to say the gooseberry plant is hanging on in there, and dare I say thriving, whereas the rhubarb plants are not to be seen -I'm just hoping they've goen underground for the winter!


Up at the Lottie I planted the Yukka, and did a bit of general tidying.

 Fortunately Sue, Victoria and jen had all been up the day before to do some weeding and even made a scarecrow to try and protect our little plants from the birds, who have been feasting on the tender leaves of the lettuce etc.

It's all looking pretty good. Last week I spent some time up there and put canes up for the peas and constructed a small compost site.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: