Sunday 2 February 2014

Weekend Joy

What a weekend this has been.

First of all when I got up for work on Saturday morning I checked my messages and saw I had a message from Nick. He and Carla had become the parents of twins. She had gone into labour the night before and had given birth early that morning to Stanley and Lennie. Like the proud parents I was thrilled -so if you were wondering what the fuss as all about with my JOYous mood -there you have it



After work on Saturday I got back to a bit of writing - both on here and on my writing blog 'Writey-Ho'. I also had just sent out the new revised newsletter, so have produced quite a few words these last few days.

Today I spent a couple of hours up the allotment. Took up a load of organic recycling we had collected at home, did a bit of weeding, digging and retied some tin foil to keep the birds off. I love being up there in the quiet messing about with the earth and plants, and it's coming along nicely.




ON arriving home I suggested we take Cuddy down the beach for a run and to hav ea light lunch in one of the cafes down there, so we jumped in the car and Cuddy got a run and a swim, as well as getting to try patatas bravas in cafe de les arts.



This afternoon I decided to do a bit of baking, so knocked up a batch of carrot muffins anda fe wsausage rolls. Yummmm.

TO end the evening, cuddles on the sofa with the cats and Cuddy . a perfect end to a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are, but I'm sure it won't be long before they're proper little menaces!!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: