Sunday 3 November 2013

Lottie

Spent a few hours up at the allotment this morning. While Paul dug the fruit beds out I levelled out the veggie beds and prepared them for planting. 

I'd been to the market yesterday to get some seedlings and got a little carried away... leeks, lettuce (3 types), brocolli- some red and some green, artichokes, peas, broad beans, and celery. Well I thought I'd over-bought until I got them planted early this afternoon, and although they look great they only take up a little of the whole plot that we have.




I also did a test bit of the irrigation system, which won't be up and running until we get our water tank sometime this week. Luckily it rained this evening and more is forecast for tomorrow so the plants should be okay.

This afternoon three banana trees were added to the plot and the footings were dug out for the base of the water deposit which will need to be on stilts to give pressure for the irrigation. The plants were also watered in manually. 

It won't be long before i'm writing about all the wonderful products we've grown. How I love working on the land, contact with the soil and nature. 



2 comments:

  1. Do you now have 2 allotments called "Lottie", Mark? Love seeing the growth and development of your allotment and reading your enthusiastic happenings. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, 'Lottie' is simply an abbreviation for allotment, so no only have one allotment (Lottie). I gave up the other one because I found the organisation to be too dis-organised, the final straw being they told us we would have to move t oanother plot, when I'd already planted for the winter.
      This one is much large, shared amongst more people and will bear much more fruit & veggies.
      I'm glad you find my lottie developments interesting. Thanks for popping by and commenting. X

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: