Monday 15 July 2013

Another week is off and running ....

Sun's out, weather's warm, I'm on holiday (unemployed) - what could be better.

Integration back into the life of VnG is still taking its time - I am still preferring to stay in the garden and avoid the centre of town, but today when I was 'encouraged' to visit the centre because of an official appointment I saw A pilgrim wandering down the Rambla- complete with Rucksack, staff, and scallop shell. A smile jumped to my lips and eyes, and a little bit of envy in my head.

My self imposed home relaxation has meant that I have been able to pick up a 'new' book -I have staretd to read 'The Cathedral of the sea' by Ildefonso Falcones. I am really enjoying it even though it is really pushing my 'injustice' butttons...

 
Set in Barcelona, and the surrounding countryside of Catalonia, I love the way I 'know' the places mentioned, even though the story is from the 1300s.

I have also been working hard on my first children's novel. I am currently into the third edit, and am surprised that even this time round I am still finding the odd typo.  I am also working with Ritu to get the illustrations just right. We are working to an August publihsing date, and I can tell you this is my best effort yet.

On a similar matter at the moment there is 20% off all House of TulStig books at Lulu.com


Tomorrow the car is going in for a service, and to have the wing-mirror repaired. Hopefully it won't cost an armand a leg, but hey ho -It is what it is and I do love my car, which gets me all over without complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: