Monday 29 July 2013

Sunday in Sussex.

Started the day yesterday with a delicious cooked breakfast at Pauline's. .. toast, hash browns, mushrooms, beans & egg. An excellent start to the day.

Andrew, Jane & Amy arrived just before eleven to pick me up and bring me back to Sussex. 

On the way back we stopped off at the Red Lion in Ashington for a roast lunch.  This was one of my original requests when I first booked my trip. 

After a second stop off at the supermarket,  where Andrew got his fingers shut in the car door (ouch; and nothing to do with me) we arrived back at theirs in Small Dole.

Late in the afternoon cousin Elaine arrived with husband Ian and son Darren. It had been well over 30 years since we had seen each other and the first time meeting her family. It was wonderful to catch up face to face and see her after so long. Jane's auntie Chris also turned up. She too has walked the Camino so we happily shared experiences. More family were invited/expected but didn't make it, which was a bit of a shame. 

Later on kerri and Annie also popped in and were treated to a reading from my upcoming children's book.

After another busy and fun day I fell into bed exhausted.  Today I am out and about with Jane and Andrew. ... once we all get up.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your having a lovely time - and look at that food Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT was a really nice friend and family oriented break. Fun but exhausting, and yes the food was good.
      Back home now to the heat and my lot!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: