Friday 26 July 2013

London Friends

Had a great day yesterday in the West and East of London. 

I'm staying at Carla and Nick's palace in Chingford at the moment while I run around catching up with London chums.
Yesterday I met up first with Judith in Walthamstow.  I took the bus and was slightly horrified at the £2.40 fare for a ten minute journey. I arrived early just so I could have a look around one of my old stomping grounds.  Poundland and the 99p shops caught my eye of course but I resisted the temptation to shop shop shop.

Judith and I enjoyed a catch up in the local Costa Coffee place. As always I avoided the coffee. .. it's just not as good as at home. Judith is set for a visit to VnG next month and is preparing her daughter for her first trip abroad. Daughter excited,  mother stressed; especially as Judith is preparing a kids party for Tenelle this Sunday too for her birthday. 
My next appointment was with Michael M and Becky just off Oxford Street. Having not seen Becky for an age it was great to catch up and she's now planning a VnG trip too (next February when she'll be on half term.). Michael was his usual late and jolly self... and a joy to see as always.  He's planning his annual VnG visit for November. 

Nick joined us for a coffee before the two of us went off for a bit of shopping. Nick had to get a princess dress for daughter Frankie in the Disney store, where I am sure the assistant thought we were a couple ( Nick suggedted she thought he was my toy boy!?). We rounded off the afternoon with a quick drink in Old Compton Street... another old haunt. .. the Admiral Duncan. 

Returning back to Chingford we stopped off at Waitrose for a few provisions as I was cooking dinner... nachos dips for starters... stuffed Argentine courgettes for main with veggie sausages, new potatoes and spinach... bannoffee cheesecake for pudding. 

All in all a great day... and even the weather held out all day.

BTW...Anyone know the significance of eithrr if these pictures?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you having a nice time catching up with old fiends. Give my love to Nick and Carla and little Frankie hope she liked her princess dress.
    Not sure about the pictures but will gave a guess. Was it where you first met Tony ? .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only just seen your comment - Frankie didn't like her princess dress to start with, but when she got to school and saw everyone else was wearing stuff she wanted hers on too.

      Spot on with your guess for the top picture -the other is the Admiral Duncan where we were nearly killed!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: