Sunday 28 July 2013

Pauline's Party

Yesterday after breakfast Carla and Nick dropped me off at Victoria Station from where I caught the train to Havant.

Arriving at Havant I was picked up by Pauline and taken to her home in Cowplain.

Around 2pm other guests started to arrive, and the party was soon in full swing in Pauline & Ashley's garden.

As I met, or was introduced to the new arrivals it was clear I had achieved some kind of fame/notoriety/reputation long before meeting most of them. Either Pauline had spoken about 'Mark from Barcelona' or people had seen me through Pauline's Facebook page.

Mid-afternoon the rain started but there were enough gazebos in the garden for everyone to shelter under, whilst a few took refuge in the conservatory. I settled on the garden chair swing wiyh Debbie and Hugh protected by its canopy.  Although the rain settled in for the afternoon it didn't dampen anyone's spirits.

As to be expected the food was excellent.  Pauline had even made 75 cupcakes;  25 of chocolate, strawberry and banana;  which went down a storm. (Pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: