Monday 13 February 2012

Weekend Surprises...

Over the weekend we were missing in action from the blog site I'm afraid- well we had a secret mission in hand and were off and away.

After month's of planning with sister in law,Jane, and niece, Amy Tony and I were planning a surprise arrival at my brother, Andrew's birthday party. Andrew was 50 just a little while back, but they were in Barbados partying on the day, so we'd agreed to celebrate this last weekend. We'd had a few moments when we thought we'd given the game away, but fortunately not..... To see his face as he opened the door and saw us standing there- PRICELESS!!  He clearly had no idea!!

So we left here early Saturday morning, flew to Gatwick where we were picked up by Amy. We then did a little shopping, both for the birthday boy and some goodies to bring home. Then we stopped off in Henfield for a while - the village in which I grew up. We dropped into one of the local hostelries for a pint or two before heading out to Andrew and Jane's place. Amy dropped us off at the top of the road and then went off to the do. ten minutes or so later, as agreed, we knoked at the door. Andrew answered and had such a look on his face it was magic. Yup I almost cried!!


Well -The party went on into the later hours and of course I may have had one or two G&Ts too many but we had great time. The evening ended with Andrew and I duetting on Sing-star -a kind of karaoke game.

ON Sunday I cooked breakfast before we headed out to the George (another hostelry) in Henfield for lunch. Before going we called ahead to check there were veggie options, and the chef said he could make sure there was so we booked a table- I ordered the Sunday lunch option without meat and with veggie gravy as previously agreed with the chef on the phone- it confused the waitress slightly but I must say it was exceptional.  . It was the kind of Sunday lunch I would do myself- now believe me that is five star praise.



After that we had to head back to the airport for our flight home, which wasn't a wonderful experience  -thanks Easyjet, but hey ho one in fifty flights or so being a bit off kilter matters not much.

And as for the goodies we managed to haul home: (How many can you name?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: