Friday 31 August 2012

A Rhyme for the day

TODAY: (apologies to Real Poets)

I woke in a good mood
started with a breakfast of good food
Walked the dogs in the morning cool
Didn't check mail for ages to break the rule
Down to Cubelles to ensure the cats were fed
Shared a drink and chat with Sue to clear my head
Shopped in Lidl, stocked up on food, money well spent
E-mailed and Whatsapped with a friend in Kent
Read my new book
Gave the TV a look
Cooked and ate dinner
Now that meal won't get me thinner
Sent out the month's TulStig News
Hope it'll stop some friends from getting the blues
more TV to end the day
a call from dear friends that are on their way
So soon to bed as tomorrow's a big one
Friends gonna arrive another weekend of fun.

All this makes me one happy lucky chap
but luck doesn't just land in your lap
I've enjoyed getting here by honest hard work
responsibility I'll never shirk
and before I stop and turn off the light
I'll simply wish you a dream-filled and perfect night.
And don't forget tonight's moon is blue
a rare event, lucky for me and lucky for you.

GOOD NIGHT! XX



2 comments:

  1. I love your poem Mark.
    Hope you and Tony have a wonderful weekend with Lennie and Jan .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you,
    Weekend went down hill a bit last night on way home. BUT hopefully will be sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: