Tuesday 14 August 2012

Books, Books, Books.

Just today I had some really good news after a recent health scare, the details of which I'll not bore you with, except to say that today the Doctor confirmed things are pretty much OK. 
Whenever I have to go to the Doc's I always take a book with me. Today was no exception, and I got so engrossed in the fast moving plot that I actually hoped the Dr wouldn't call me too soon, especially as I was sitting reading in an air-conditioned waiting room. (It may also have been a bit of 'denial' but I don't think so)

The book in question was 'You're Next' by Greg Hurwitz. It was the first book I had read by him, and I have to admit to it benig the best thriller I have read in an age. A fast plot that had me turning the pages just as fast, with no real idea of where the drama was going to take me. All too often I've worke out hte plot or the ending and am disappointed but this time I was keep reading to the last- no page scanning either, I read word for word what Hurwitz had written.
Now if any of my books are ever that good I'd have to retire on a high.



And talking of my books I have today started the process to publish 'Take Two'- I have requested and been given an ISBN, and have a mock up of the book itself. I have finished the first edit, including the corrections etc on the laptop, and am now going to reprint it once more to read and re-edit. This should take me a few days and hopefully I will publish sometime next week. This will get me a proof copy soon-after, followed by a release date.

IN addition I have started the process to release 'Winner' as an e-book.

And finally on the subject of books I have had 28 entries for the prize draw, announced on yesterday's blog, and 'The Magic of the Camino' page on Facebook now has 76 'likes'. If it gets to 100 I shall be offering another copy free, or may even offer one of my novels as a choice of prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: