Saturday 25 August 2012

Techno, Techno, Techno


No limit -  2 unlimited

Thought I'd start things off slightly differently - We loved this song back in the day, and as I get techno advanced I was thinking of it again today.

As many of you will remember I was a little panicked a while back when I got my first android phone- well of course, just like everyone else, I love it now. My latest addition to the phone, thanks to advice from Julie, is VIBER - A free programme for making free calls and texts (SMS) mobile to mobile all across the world. SO if you haven't got it yet, but have an android, i-phone, windows phone, blackberry go to your phone download store (I use Play store) and download it and we can chat for NOTHING!! A a back up I also have WhatsApp, but this is just free texts (SMS) internationally- which is a great back up service and something I used loads whilst on the Camino back in June. 

 So that was the phone techno'd.

I've been looking around for an Internet hosting site as I want to set up a professional site for House of Tulstig' and upgrade 'Tulstig.net'. I think I've got that sorted now, but it's all so complicated with so much jargon I have to look up so many things.

As well as getting a new website host I downloaded a new website creation programme which I've spent the last few days messing around with. Frustration has been followed by 'Ahh' moments as things fall into place in my head -Still not quite got the hang of it all yet but getting there.

One way I want to improve the websites is to get moving images on them -Flash programmes. So 've been checking into those too. I think I've found a pretty simple to use one ofn the web and during the wek will have a go on its test software.

So all in all watch this space for a new 'House of TulStig' and 'WWW.Tulstig.net' with new features. I may even give our personal site a complete overhaul.



3 comments:

  1. Look at you! Website creation, app recommendations.. This time last year this would have been a very different blog. How cool to be techno'd up! AND playing a bit of techno too!

    My work here is done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your work is far from over, young man.

      I've never been a technophobe, sometimes a bit slow to join in perhaps , but I am getting there. However - I do need someone to keep me updated though. SO you got Viber yet?

      Delete
    2. Your work is far from over, young man.

      I've never been a technophobe, sometimes a bit slow to join in perhaps , but I am getting there. However - I do need someone to keep me updated though. SO you got Viber yet?

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: