Wednesday 29 August 2012

Gardening and the guardian, plus...

I love our garden even when it surprises me with critter like the one above, which is actually bigger in real life than in the picture. IT jumped a bit when I took the photo causing a girlie scream to burst from my lips -well I was up close and personal! It is truly beautiful, but scary at the same time. Fortunately the cats haven't noticed it, or they have and are staying well clear- whichever that's good. 

Today I have been pondering on my next writing 'assignment'. I have been unsure whether to start on the children's book that has been bouncing round in my head for a while, or to set to with my next true Camino adventure.  Well as often happens the universe took a hand in my decision:
First of all in an e-mail conversation with Nick he made it clear which I should be writing next.  Then I got an e-mail from someone who is interested in doing the illustrations for the children's book (the last one didn't work out!) - so I sat down and thought about a plot outline and had it down on paper in no time. Even my little garden friend at the top of the page make an appearance -he's a semi-baddie who is a guardian.
As for the basic story:

A has been entrusted with a secret, or at least with the essence of a secret, by his great uncle Vern, who has mysteriously disappeared. A believes he knows where and why. 

It is down to A to convince his brothers and cousins to work together and help him find the parts of the key which when fitted together will open the chest which holds the book of REAL magic.

The book of REAL magic holds the knowledge to reshape the Earth's future, and reset the balance that has for too long been missing.

Whilst collecting the parts of the key A and his band of adventurers encounter all manner of special beings who can either help them in their quest or stop them in their tracks. 

Interested? I am and it would seem my muse is ready to work again......

4 comments:

  1. Definitely! I'm intrigued already ... have you started writing it yet?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI MIchelle, I wrote a first chapter some time ago and passed it to Jane for an opinion (with so many grandchildren I guessed she might have some idea)- SHe was thrilled by i, but as I was well into 'Take two' then I put it aside for working on later. Later is NOW and I am starting more work on it today...

      Delete
  2. Brilliant brilliant Brilliant! Looking forward to this already..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I've a synopsis written out (pen and paper for a change!) but know that it will change as I write and the story unfolds. Last night as I was dozing off 'The Guardian' spoke to me -he's not scary at all, just has a time-honoured job to do. Let the fun begin....

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: