Wednesday 23 October 2013

Digging for victory

During the night, last night, we had quite a lot of rain. So as not to miss out on the softening effect of that on the land I trotted off up the lottie this morning to do some digging. after having taken my car into the garage (the passenger side window to be repaired).

Spade over my shoulder I walked round from the house to the lottie where Sue was already in action.


In no time I was in the zone and digging like a man of the land. Jen arrived for a while but her son wasn't well, and threw up, so she left.  Shortly after Sue called it a day as Lily was whinging so I continued alone. 
I got a good bit of digging done and marked out some areas for future attack. 

 This will be where the fruit garden will be. 

 The relax area- pergola already up, just need a few lavender plants and a cover. 
 The veggie beds, some of my digging from today (rectangle bit top right)
and the beautiful sunny sky that I got to work under this morning- leaving me just a tad wet after my exertions.

During the digging Sue said she is having second thoughts about getting chickens. I think I made my thoughts pretty clear when I said 'No chickens and I'm out'. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: