Wednesday 30 October 2013

Holiday let...

WE put a very cheeky offer in on the flat we like a couple of days ago... Arghhh what on earth are we doing I've been thinking since, as well as excited at the possibility of becoming holiday-let landlords. We are hoping to get our hands on a four bedroomed (two doubles and two singles) ground floor flat in the middle of town- 5 mins form the beach. For anyone who knows VnG it's near where Oganquit used to be. It also had a large terrace/patio and two smaller ones, one off one of the bedrooms and one off the kitchen. Both Tony and I loved it as soon as we saw it.

After I'd put the offer in the estate agent called and asked me to drop in the office for a chat. 'Oh-Oh' I thought too cheeky?!



The living room

I dropped in for a chat and she suggested putting some money on the table to prove we are serious about purchasing. 1000 or 500 euros. This will then reserve the flat so no one else can view it until an offer we make is accepted, or we decline the purchase. At which point the money is returned to us. Is said I'd have to speak to my old man first and get back to her. It all sounded a little dodgy.

kitchen

She also said my offer was a little 'Fuerte' (cheeky). To which I replied we just want to open negotiations. Also pointed out that we have the money in the UK ready to pay up front. NO chain, no mortgage to arrange.. should make our offer more appealing.

terrace/patio

After umming and Ahhing for a while I plucked up the courage to call one of my ex-students- the Notary of Sitges and ask if this was normal practice and to see if she would represent us with the purchase. Shouldn't have wound myself up so much. She was delighted to hear from me and said this was normal practice. She also said she'd be more than happy to represent us, which is great cos she'll really have our backs and as I've taught all her family I know she'll not rip us off.

bathroom

Called the estate agent back and have agreed to drop off the smaller amount of money tomorrow... fingers crossed we can reach a satisfactory negotiation with the current owner...

Fingers crossed everyone please...

6 comments:

  1. Omg it's all a bit exciting is'nt it and the flat looks lovely . Good luck .My fingers are crossed x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting and scary all at once. Hopefully we can get it qat a price we like and can afford... Get ready to fly over for painting duties!!

      Delete
  2. Totally scary Mark, but nothing ventured nothing gained. Wishing you a truly successful outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Gorgeous! I can feel your excitement ... keeping fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent news so far. Fingers crossed for you both. I know it'll work out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your well-wishes. It seems it is not to be (for now) as the vendor will not accept any offers -only the full price, which we cannot manage and as it's a buyers market at the moment he' unlikely to sell... so we're still looking...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: