Sunday 13 October 2013

Sunday on the land

Sunday a day of rest - Not sure what happened here then...

Started off with the final clearing up after yesterday's little do, then had to whizz out to meet Sue and Jordi to see a possible allotment- and happily it's more than possible we've signed up, it's ten minutes walk from home, we're going to get chooks and grow loads of veggies.... much larger than our last one, fenced in, water on site (and a loo) dog guarding (or should have been - liked tummy tickles though), cats running around - and only slightly more expensive than the last one. But I'll save that on petrol in no time! Bit excited to get going. Need to get our hands on a few tools - not usually a problem for me (ahem!)

Back home and quick lunch before Sue and Jordi picked me up to go to the local garden centre. The price of the tools there was exhorbitant so we'll shop around a bit, beg and borrow until we can get our own. Still excited....


4 comments:

  1. So pleased you have a new allotment, and great that you can walk there.
    Sorry I didn't get to ring back yesterday , Andrew and I went and did some shopping and had lunch out then when we got home I pit tv on and totaly forgot !! .
    Had a lovely catch up chat with Tone though so that was nice .
    Happy tool hunting !!! Tee hee .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me Too, though when Tone comes round we'll drive.
      Tone said he had a nice chat with you, although he couldn't remember what about when I asked for specifics!
      Been out tool hunting - more of that on the blog later!!

      Delete
  2. I love hearing your allotment stories, Mark ... remind me how far it is to your first one? LOVE the idea of chooks ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by and commenting (and apologies for my delay in replying - PC and back issues!)
      Our last allotment was about 15 minutes drive away, 45 minutes walk. This one is so much more convenient.
      The Chooks will be great especially if we can rescue some from a battery farm.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: