Thursday 10 October 2013

Still looking....

Phew, been a bit non-stop today, well it's felt  like that this morning.

After a short walk (Xali wasn't up for it today, possibly because we went so far yesterday) with Xali and Cuddy it was time for Catalan lessons. On the bus on the way into town Tony and I were practising our verbs that we'd been given to learn. There were only four, but we just seem to keep getting them muddled. Knowing we were due a bit of a test on them in class we were both a bit nervous. We needn't have worried, the test was just spoken and was done round the class. I'm amazed how quickly we've bonded as a class already. answers are shared, giggles passed around and we are having a good time as we try to put our newly learned Catalan into practice. 

After class I stopped for a moment on the Rambla for a coffee, whilst Tony popped into the market. During class I had missed some calls from estate agents and possible private students. Before I could do anything about them one of the agents called back telling me she had two propertied for me to view if I could meet her in half an hour or so. I could and I did.

Both of the flats were nice enough, but the first one was too far to the north of town. It was cheap and in fairly good condition and if we were just looking for a nice place to move to (without) animals it would have done fine.The second one was much nicer, a three bedroom ground floor with a small balcony. I have to admit to liking it, but not sure if it's quite right for our needs. The plan is to pass by there over the weekend with Tony to see what he thinks. It was in a quiet residential area not too far from the beach with a nice garden



I am amazed, and told the agent, that the Spanish really don't dress their flats for viewing. Some have looked like the owner has just run out to work leaving detritus everywhere, whilst others really don't smell good- none of the flowers on the table, missing personal items or smell of coffee/baking bread that you'd get back in the UK! 

No sooner had I arrived home than another agent called for another viewing (booked for Monday). 

It's a great time to buy here, with prices reported today as having fallen just over ten percent recently. I've made it known to the agents we've dealt with what we're looking for and that we're ready to sign on the dotted line and pay up as soon as we find something we like. This has made a couple of them more enthusiastic. We're in no hurry and will wait until there is something we really like, so watch this space...





4 comments:

  1. It's good fun house / flat hunting isn't it , being able to nose around peoples houses .
    The second flat does sound nice Mark . I think I need to pop over and give you a hand looking , lol .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun, and the way prices are at the moment we should be able to get a good bargain. do feel free to pop over and help anytime.

      Delete
  2. It sounds quite fun, taking a look at houses from complete strangers and yes, spanish people are like that, a bit shabby jajaja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is fun, Alberto, but I really was surprised that the vendors don't 'dress' their houses for sale.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: