Thursday 12 June 2014

Allotment update

Yesterday and this morning I spent a couple of hours  each day up the Lottie, watering and doing a bit of this and that. 


Most of the plants are suffering from lack of water so I made sure that they have all had a very good drink for the last couple of days, and will be doing the same tomorrow. The gooseberry bush we have in the garden at home is watered every other day and is thriving. The ones planted the same time at the allotment, clearly have not had such a good deal: 




I love messing about  'on the land'. watering, weeding, trimming the plants - all these so called chores I find quite therapeutic. Fortunately our lottie is in a fairly quiet space, so the sounds tend to be the birds, especially the chickens  of neighbouring allotments, and the buzz of insects going about their job of pollinating the plants. 



So I'm getting away from the hustle and bustle of life in VnG and also getting sun and a bit of a workout before I set off on the Camino later this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: