Tuesday 24 June 2014

The Good Life

This morning I spent over three hours digging, weeding and generally busying around, up the allotment. 

Whether it's the hard work of digging, and believe me it's tough as the soil is so dry and hard  in most parts, whether it's being in the peace and quiet of the allotment, or whether it's seeing things growing and hearing the bees and insects buzzing around on their daily chores, but I always feel buoyed up. This morning I was joined by Paul, Jen and the lads for while, as we all mucked in. 


Coming home I raided our tomato plants for a nutritious lunch. I also grabbed some of the basil that we've growing by the back door, and a couple of onions recently plundered from the allotment: 


Cream of Tomato & basil soup, with white beans.


Oh, it's the good life.... (remember Tom and Barbara?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: