Friday 6 January 2012

ART ETC

Now that's what I call graffiti! Over the Festive period a marquee is erected in the Sports centres grounds for various parties and concerts during the Christmas and New Year period. Each year the outside walls are 'painted' by local artists. Some of the graffiti that is on the sides isn't that good -the usual round of skulls etc, but this I thought was brilliant.  I hope the artist is encouraged to explore their talent and paint more than graffiti on the side of an impermanent structure.

Today here is another public holiday- Kings day - traditionally the day the three wise men/ kings delivered their presents to the baby Jesus. Here it's another opportunity to give and get presents- boy are Spanish kids spoilt! Yesterday I dropped in at one of the larger shopping centres on the way tothe airport to pick up Sue who was returning from the UK. The place was packed with panicking parents getting those last minute goodies for their kids for today. I was just filling my trolley with cat food and the such like!

NEW BLOG
As mentioned yesterday I have decided to set up a new 'foody' blog. It is now 'live' and has a couple of entries. take a look and drop me a comment. I want it to have more than entries from me so if you have any foody comments to add or recipes to share bung me an e-mail or add a comment on the site. I'm happy to open it up for other  contributors if you'd like to make regular contributions so here's the site: http://grubnstuff.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: