Sunday 29 January 2012

Back

Yup I'm back after a week of hardly any PC action at all - As mentioned in the last post on here we had Michael staying last weekend which was a lot of fun. But I ended up the weekend with a cold and lack of energy, then got a sore back so couldn't sit for long here and update- Ahhh I can hear across the world as the sympathy vote increases. Well I'm much better now after having a great back Massage with Sue's Jordi and a touch of acupuncture too.

 So first of all lets reverse wheels a moment to last weekend -a great weekend with Mr Michael, whose flight was completely without incident- remember last year he left his mobile on the flight, and the year before he got the flight times wrong leaving me at the airport three hours early to pick him up, and the year before .... well you get the picture.


 After picking Michael up at the airport we went directly to Sitges and the Montroig café-bar, where Paolo joined us just in time for dinner at the Wok (yes the Wok again, well it is good food and at a reasonable price!)

Saturday morning I was working so we met in the Rambla for a light lunch. After which Michael and I made a trip to Decathlon (a large sports store just on the edge of town) whilst Tony had a siesta. In preparation for this year's Camino I bought a new pair of trainers, which have yet to be broken in.

Saturday evening we went back into town and had dinner at the new Indian restaurant where we bumped into Sue and Jordi who were just leaving, and a student of mine who was eating there with his girlfriends and looked quite embarrassed that I had turned up - Poor lad!
We all chose the menu of the day, and you can see from the pic on the right where Michael is tucking in, that there was plenty for all of us.
After dinner we popped into 'Nostalgic' -a local bar and then dropped in on Jordi (yes another one) at his bar just up the road, before trawling all the way up the hill home.
By Sunday we were all a little jaded, and as Michael didn't surface until lunchtime we had a lazy day in the house, until Michael's flight later that evening.

This week we've done very little, but as I've spent a lot of time lazing on the bed I've had plenty of time for one of my passions- reading, there you go every cloud has a silver lining, and I've managed to get through my first book of the year-  Therapy by David Lodge -a present gifted me a while back by Christine, and it wasn't until the final part that the clue as to why she had thought of me when gifting me the book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: