Monday 30 January 2012

CAMINO or BUST...

Phew -that's that sorted then!!

A couple of days ago I got a strange text from the bank saying that if there was a problem with my Spanair flights I should contact them. I thought that it was a strange message but thought no more of it.

Today in one of my classes a couple of the students were talking about changing their Spanair flights to Ryanair- I thought no more about it!

This evening I got reply through one of the Camino forum sites about the Primitivo Camino Nick and I are doing in June, so went on the site and saw a different post about Spanair going bust. I immediately went to their website and found out that yup they'd gone down the tubes. Spanair is the airline company with whom I'd booked to fly to Oviedo in June, and then back from Santiago in July.

I flew into action, checked the back statements and fired an e-mail off to our friend and Bank Manager Toni to check about getting the money back, at least I'd paid by credit card. Next I checked to see who was taking over the flights and it appeared to be RyanAir or Vueling.  Not being a great RyanAir fan I went of to the Vueling site and rebooked my flight to Oviedo, only to get a hung page at the end of the process. So I called them to find out the booking had gone through- they sent me an e-mail directly- sorted. The same happened when I tried to book a return flight for Nick and I, so I called them again, but the booking hadn't gone through. They simply confirmed it over the phone and again sent me an e-mail.

So Mr Brennan fear not you are travelling with TITS and we have everything in hand.

And just for a bit of info here's the first stage of the Camino we'll be doing in June:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: