Wednesday 5 December 2012

December is bundling along very nicely here in VnG. The cold snap has been a bit of a shock to us humanoids, but the dogs are loving it.  Xali particularly is enjoying running in the field of a cold morning.

This week we have Sussi staying with us - remember her? The crazy Finn from Camino number one! Last night we were out at Gilda's (Yes gain -we do love that place- staff excellent, food excellent, wine excellent and ambiance just about excellent too. Even the price is amazingly excellent at just 12.50 € a head. We have been a bit limited in our activities what with the car being in the garage, but we've been out and about. Yesterday afternoon we even walked up to Decathlon with Sue for a little bit of shopping.






This morning, so I could plan lessons for this evening and catch up on a few bits and bobs Tony and Sussi took themselves off into town on the bus. Tony arrived back laden with a bag which he kept secret - is it Christmas goodies, or something special for Friday I wonder?!?

Yesterday I finished reading Mitch Albom's latest book -The Timekeeper, having started it just under 24 hours earlier. It is amazing. I loved it.  An interesting tale with messages interwoven, as always, and enough pathos to bring a tear to my eye. I thoroughly recommend adding this to your Santa list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: