Sunday 16 December 2012

It's beginning...

... to feel a lot like Christmas...

This weekend I've been doing things all christmassy...

But before that I must just share my most exciting news- The translation (to Spanish) of the magic of the Camino is finished... Victoria e-mailed me to let me know it's all done. Now it's up to me to format everything and prepare it ready for publishing... watch this space for more news... HUGE THANKS to Victoria!!


SO Christmas -

On Saturday I went up to Al Campo in St Boi to do a bit of Christmas shopping, after having dropped off a cake for Andy's and Sue's birthday, at school.






After a bit of shopping I made my way over to Deirdre's in Casteldelfells for a festive carol concert and mince pie extravaganza. Even Gizmo was dressed up for the occasion and happy enough to pose in front of the tree in his finery.



Then today I met Sue and Jordi(and Lili) in the Town square for a bit of Ice-skating. The first time in over 30 years, and the last time wasn't even on real ice. I was surprised to find that they did actually have boots in my size. TO start with I was really nervous and held onto the side almost all the way round as kids whizzed past without a care in the world.  A cute young man did ask if I needed any help, and I foolishly said I was fine - flirting on ice is far more difficult than on dry land!


After a few circuits around the ice we met up with John and while Sue and Jordi went home for Lili's lunch time John and I went off to Lizeran for a bottle of cider and a few tapas. 

I have also spoken to Tony this evening who has had a nice Christmas lunch out with the family. Tomorrow he leaves for a hotel near the airport in Leeds and as it seems everyone is busy his mum is paying for him to take a taxi from hers to there.  Travel in luxury, at least as far as the airport... then on Tuesday he'll be flying with Ryan Air... hmmm, no comment!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: