Wednesday 26 December 2012

Reviving Passion...

Needless to say we've had a great Christmas- a techno free one too -The PC laid dormant all day yesterday.

Friends, food and fun were the orders of the day. And today a bit of relaxing, but still plenty of food and friends through the ether (whatsapp, facebook etc etc). Technology was on the cards today. So much so that in the last couple of hours I've even heard from a first cousin who I've not seen or heard from for maybe 25-30 years - I really can't remember when we last saw each other. We're just starting to catch up now!

I've also been thinking of one of my passions over the last couple of days.... the Camino.... The bubbling in my blood has begun again. Last week I bought my new trainers - a December tradition now (more or less), so that they will be broken in ready for June. The style are exactly the same- why change something that ain't broken? - can you tell which are the new ones?


Next year I plan to do the Camino Ingles- from Ferrol to Santiago, then go on to Finisterre and Muxia. Dates and timings not really decided yet. I know that some readers of this page indicated a thought about joining me. If you are keen and have any particular dates that wouldn't suit around the end of June, beginning of July let me know before it's too late!

Just writing those few words about something that is ingrained in me know has stirred up feelings of excitement and nervousness for the walk, and it's not just a head thing I can actually feel tingling in my arms and legs for it all. How rare and exciting and how lucky am I?! ... 

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing. Just look at the difference! The ones on the left look two sizes bigger! A nice memento to have though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are actually the same size -just shows the wear and tear they have suffered! The old ones are now dog-walking shoes whereas the others are being broken in all the rest of the time. It'll be interesting to see if they look like the ones on the left in a years time!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: