Tuesday 11 December 2012

I'm back...

I've been away.... Yes but I'm back now - a cheeky steal from which movie? answers in comments PLEASE!!

MY last post on here was few days ago, but he I am ready to write again. I0'm not sure what happened there, but after finishing the NaNoWriMo challenge in November I kinda lost the ganas as we say here (inclination is probably the best translation). IT wasn't that I was anti-writing it was just that it really wasn't in my head. Until just the other day when one of the children in my novel piped up with a starting place for the next book. MY characters are brought to life and rule me!

THe last week or so was tremendous.

First of all we had Sussi staying for afew days so were out and about entertaining, and the car had to go into the garage following the bump it had a little while back.

This last weekend was a long (holiday -  puente) weekend. Thursday to Sunday no work.

Thursday we put up the decorations for Christmas - whilst sipping sherry and eating home-made sausage rolls and mince pies.



Friday - My big day (number 52) we had a day out with friends down the coast in Salou. A walk along the coast followed by a traditional Christmas lunch - fun, friends, food and a drink or two- a prefect birthday all in all.



Saturday - now where did that go?

Sunday. I went to  Christmas market with June and bought a few goodies. June is going to find out about the possibility of me having a stall there next year for my fabulous cakes, pickles etc etc.

Monday back at work was a bit of a shock, but with just two weeks to go till Christmas it really is all downhill from here.

Writing -
  • I've been going through the Spanish Edition of the Magic today- Victoria has done a wonderful job, and just has the final chapter to translate. Then it's down to me to format everything and get the publishing under-way. With a bit of luck it'll be on sale in the New Year. Alan is on hand ready for the cover.
  • The Search for the Magic Key is sitting on my desk waiting edit. I think I shall tackle the first one during the Christmas Holidays.  Illustrations are being sourced, and a sequel is already banging around with an energy of its own. Don't worry Janey I shall have a copy for you as soon as humanly possible.
  • MOre royalties popped into my paypal account this week. I am so grateful to everyone who has purchased a copy of one or more of my books, and am thrilled they are still selling worldwide -the Magic of the Camino primarily.

So that's just about where I am at the moment. AS the year comes to an end, just ater my personal year came to an end I am also reassessing and re-evaluating things - but more of that later. For now I've rambled enough....


4 comments:

  1. Looks like Val Doonican has moved into your front room!
    Welcome back. You've been missed you know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Val Doonican' now doesn't that just take us back! Glad to see that someone still reads it - I knew I could count on you!

      Delete
    2. Thank god your back , my morning routine had gone to pot !! . xx

      Delete
    3. Hurrah, another reader.
      Hopefully I can keep your mornings together now. I'm not sure why I wasn't writing, just felt a little disconnected.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: