Tuesday 19 February 2013

Indulging my passion...

Over the past few days I have been lucky enough to indulge my passion for reading, along with my passion for writing which can you check out over at my other blog WRITEY-HO.

IN the past week I've read two books cover to cover, two books of such diverse styles.

The first book I devoured was  -  State of Wonder by Ann Patchett. The book is a bout a scientist's search for the perfect drug in the Amazon jungle. She is focused to the point of ignoring her funders, who send two people off to investigate what is going on in the jungle.  It is beautifully written with a great plot that kept me captivated.


My second book of the last ten days was 'The Power of Six' by Pittacus Lore -clearly a pen-name. This is a sci-fi adventure, of aliens living among us, which I enjoyed although I felt it was aimed more at a younger reader. I did ant to finish the book and find out what happened, but don't think I'll follow it up with the rest of the series.


1 comment:

  1. Well Done, Mark! Love that you were "indulging your passion" and that you have read 2 books. Writers read, you know! LOL. The books sound interesting, especially the Amazon Jungle one. I find it interesting that you, too, can enJOY the first book in a series and not feel inclined to read the next one. That has been my experience, recently. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: