Thursday 21 February 2013

Friends above all..

Over the past days my belief in my friends has been confirmed and boosted no end.
I am a do-er and when I can't be doing I get frustrated (normally). The past couple of weeks I have been unable to do, but have felt less frustrated and less down than I usually get in such situations.
Having such caring friends around has been the reason for this, whether they be here on the doorstep or thousands of miles way on the other side of the world.

To start with I am thankful for all the wonderful friends I have met through the internet who live on the  other side of the world. Over the last few days I have received no fewer than eleven get well cards from Australia. Isn't it wonderful to know that people so far away care for my health and me. Thank you all.

 Just a few of the wonderful cards I have received.

From the UK  I've also had a wealth of well-wishes, including e-mails and messages, a card from my wonderful friend Pauline, and an offer from my incredible sister in law to pop over for a few days and look after us. and that's not mentioning all the concerned e-mails and whatsapp messages I have had.Thank you to everyone who has been in contact in whatever form

Then there are the wonderful people nearby -my ex-pat friends. Julie has popped in most days to take Cuddy for a walk and to deliver other essentials. Sue dropped round a bag of goodies, and now I'm back at school Liam and June are taking turns in giving me a lift home. The concern expressed by both other teachers and students alike has been more than heart-warming. Thanks to you all.

And Finally, the people in our Barrio have been just as concerned, asking after me each time Tony has gone out with Xali, or for a quick and crafty drink to avoid my malaise. On my first venture out to the car the other day I was swamped by several of the neighbours checking on my progress and telling me to take it poc-a-poc. Thanks to them all too.

Well I think all the above shows just how lucky I am, surrounded by such a wonderful tribe. I am grateful to each and every one of you for being there in whatever way and for helping to keep up my spirits.
Love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. Love that you have shared this, Mark ... love that so many people love YOU. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed that's for sure Michelle, Thanks for being one of those included in this declaration. X

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: