Monday 18 February 2013

Spring back

This afternoon I will be back at the chalk face teaching the natives interesting facts about my language and how to speak it. I have spent most of the day preparing lessons for the week, or simply getting my head round a few ideas for things to teach.

This morning  I walked the dogs, although not their full run, but enough for both them and me after a couple of weeks of stagnation. They came home happy and I came home happy and nacked. It was lovely to see the trees in the fields with their early covering of pink and white blossoms. Of course these are the almond trees, always the first to signal the start of Spring.

It doesn't feel like the best day to get back to work being dismal and grey, but I guess it's  as good a day as any. Looking out the window now it looks like we may have a storm coming, which would be great, but I'm sure it will pass over and leave the garden as parched as ever. However dry the garden is it's starting to give up its spring surprises as the bulbs are sending verdant sprouts out of the soil, and the flowering plants like the camellia are energetically budding with teases of pink. It really looks like spring is on its way.


2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely. "Spring has sprung the grass is riz..." Back in Blighty it was minus 2 when I came out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've come out ?! - What does Carla think? Fnaaarr
      It's another lovely day here, temperatures are starting to climb at last.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: