Monday 25 March 2013

A New Week..

After what was quite a challenging week last week, this one has got off to a springy start.

Looking at the freezing weather in the UK I am grateful for the wonderful weather we have had today -sunny and warm -walking the dogs before eight this morning I didn't really need a jacket on.

As the weather improves and spring bundles along I am really enjoying greening my fingers. The seeds planted on the roof in pots and trays are coming through now, and once large enough will be transported up to the Allotment.  Just seeing the little green sprouts sticking their heads through the soil is encouraging and satisfying - a real feeling of 'I did that'. 

Being on holiday this week, and having a lovely sunny day this morning I popped up to the Allotment to check things out as there's little to do there at the moment. It pretty much looks after itself. The plants are all looking okay and the location is perfect for chilling and mind-clearing. This morning Sue and Lilly came with me, and both loved it. Lilly rolled around on the floor, whilst Sue enjoyed the peace and quiet and energy of the place. Apart from our voice all we could hear were birds singing.

Lilly offers me some straw
 The Peppers, Aubergines and lettuce doing fine...

This afternoon I was able to indulge myself reading, and finishing off my latest read - 'The Death Instinct' by Jed Rubenfield - a mix of fact and fiction.

I followed this up with an hour or so's siesta and then hit the kitchen to make some sausages.

AS I said a great start to the new week...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: