Thursday 28 March 2013

Maunday Thursday

Today I spent a couple of hours in the kitchen this morning cooking up a few goodies  - coleslaw, humus,  a leek mushroom and sweetcorn quiche, and tom thumb cakes.

 The tom thumb cakes in the oven -  turned out more like cookies -but still tasted good.
 
 Quiche




 Later on we went up to one of the local masias where we met some chums from Supernova for a Barbecue and picnic in the glorious spring sunshine. June had bought some calçots to cook. We weren't quite sure what we were doing, but the locals next to us gave some advice- They'll be living off that story for years -about the crazy Giris that had no idea what to do with a barbie and calçots!

Getting the fire going
 Calçots and Camembert on the barbie
 Eating the spoils
So this was the start to our Easter weekend- and off to a pretty good tsart methinks! And tomorrow we're off to Julie's for lunch....

2 comments:

  1. Ok, even being on holidays you are making me wish my life was different! Love the idea of the barbie at the allotment with wonderful people. :)

    I really love the sound of your quiche, too. Will you email me the recipe when you have time & inclination? Would prefer to pop around and share in person, of course ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great day -I am lucky to work with some wonderful people who are also great friends.

    I shall e-mail you the quiche recipe over the weekend. (If you haven't got it by the time you get home give me a gentle prod!) Have a great hols. X

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: