Saturday 9 March 2013

Something worth shouting about.

I love it when things fall into place, and when things that happen just show you that everything is going along just fine, thank you.

This morning I had a couple of lessons at school. In one I did a listening exercise. It was an interview with an English author (William Boyd). He was talking about the way he writes, how character are formed, the process etc. I have to say that sometimes I don't listen to all the listening exercises, but this one I was more engaged with, and could even share my experiences with my students, some of whom already have House of TulStig books on their bookshelves at home.Into the bargain, one of my students has lent me a book (in Spanish) to read.

ON returning home after school Tony and I jumped in the car and visited the allotment (AKA Lottie). My co-renters had been there during the morning and done a lot of work, and I thought I may not have anything to do when we got there. On arrival we found there was another family (Italian) who were just arriving too (also new Lottie-holders) and were planing on digging one of the communal beds. I shucked off my jumper and joined in. IN no time we had it nearly all done. Interestingly they had lived in Luton (UK) for six years so spoke great English. A new Lottie and new  friends into the bargain. Robbie (The dad) is already planning a summer barbecue for us all, which is already on-site!  Tomorrow morning I'll be popping back up there again to lay plans with my fellow Lottie-holders.

 A Panoramic of the site - to the left the forest and mountain, to the right the sea.
 (Click on photo to enlarge)
 My new Italian friends at work. I think their son had just found a fat worm!

 And yours truly at work.

This afternoon I have spent some time reading, and a bit more time writing. I am thrilled that one of the stories on my writing blog (FEAR) has grabbed some of my followers' imaginations. It's an ongoing tale now - into it's third part and third day of storytelling, and yes there's more to come.  If you haven't been over ther click the link and take a peek -even better leave me a comment.

I've also got a cooking bug burrowing away in my head two. I've found a couple of interesting recipes recently that I'm keen to try out. More on those later. Not only that but today Tony got the basics for me to be able to make another batch of piccalilli - It really must be springtime!  And then just the other day I made some beetroot bread, which was delicious with a little butter (and in my case a slither of Marmite).



WE are now getting ready to go out to dinner - Yes my Tummy is much better - in Sitges. This will be our first dinner out in over a month -we are all spruced up and raring to go.

Here I go again - ISN'T LIFE GREAT  - yes I am shouting - it's something worth shouting about!

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing how your life is falling into place, Mark! The Allotment sounds fabulous and friendly! Please take photos to share of the planting and growing process, too. It will make life seem that much closer to 'down under'.

    Well done on the writing and thank goodness you are able to eat relatively normally, again. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be more photos of the allotment as we move it along. I've been up there again today with loads more people all working together for each other -so more pics later.
      And yes I am relived to be eating more normally again, I can tell you!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: