Sunday 10 March 2013

Another super Sunday

This morning I was back at the Allotment, after having done a line of washing, prepared veggies for piccalilli (To be cooked up tomorrow), walked the dogs and mopped the back year. Phew Spring is getting to me for sure.

Meeting Bernard and Pepi at the Allotment we got down to a bit of digging - levelling off the raised beds.


Added compost to the top.

Fixed up the irrigation pipes,


and covered everything in straw
 
 - that way the plants we plant will be protected both from critters and from the burning sun as they start out as little seedlings. It'll also stop the moisture evaporating so quickly, and keep the seedlings warm at night. Ahhh.
Today there were about a dozen people in our section of the whole plot, including one of the German teachers from the school I work at, which was a bit of a surprise.  MY next planned trip is set for Wednesday morning, when I will start a bit of planting...

 And here's another panoramic of the site (click on pic to enlarge)



On arrival home Tony had made a delicious cauliflower soup for lunch. 

I spent part of the afternoon reading and part cooking. I've made a veggie pie for dinner...


All that remains now is to write another story for my other blog... maybe after dinner....

2 comments:

  1. A satisfying kind of day ... thanks for sharing, Mark. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was - but luckily for me they usually are. Thanks for popping by Michelle.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: