Wednesday 27 March 2013

Mid-week

Not a great start to the day when Cuddy kicked me in the head, gashing me- yes it was a bloody start to the day. She didn't mean to hurt me, she was just a little excited -my fault completely, and she was so remorseful when I was groaning as I mopped up the cut.

An update visit to the hospital was pretty much uneventful. The delicious Doctor David confirmed that the viruses that laid me low are no longer in my system, after having expressed concern that they let me 'walk' out of the emergency unit. He was surprised /annoyed that they didn't keep me in for a while. Still never mind I survived and am still here to annoy and enlighten (sic?). My Potassium blood level is still low, so he suggested I eat more tomatoes, and other potassium loaded fruits. OK I can do that.

I've spent some of the afternoon writing two little stories on Writey-Ho - CLEAN and WORKING .  As well as catching up on emails etc.

And as day turns to night I can say that despite the dodgy start we are now all the best of friends and settling down together on the sofa for cuddles, TV, and chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it fabulous when we can 'eat' our way to good health? What other wonderful potassium rich foods have you been enJOYing, Mark?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO much better than having to take alopathic medicines -and you know how much I enjoy eating. Other veggies that are rich in potassium that I've been enjoying are Spinach and cabbage, baked potatoes, raisins (though in cakes - does that count?), mushrooms and avocados.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: