Tuesday 17 July 2012

Books


This morning I had an appointment which meant a lot of waiting around. whenever I know this is a possibility I take a book with me . The book I'm reading at the moment is 'Tiger Hills' by Sarita Mandanna. I only picked it up two days ago and am already over halfway through. It's a really gripping story of starcrossed lovers in India at the turn of the last (1800 - 1900) century. 
 It made the time waiting whizz by. 

Today I spent some time doing something else which I love- writing, and after just a few hours at the PC I had added another section (of 0ver 3000 words) to Take Two. Another crescendo reached and we'r estill rushing along to yet another. The characters are all enjoying themselves, well more or less and there's even a twist bubbling along nicely. Ah the satisfaction of a process going well. 

I havea real passion for books, whether reading them or writing them. 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Mark,
    Tiger Hill sounds good ,please my i borrow him when you have finished which does'nt sound as if that will be very long , Glad Take Two is going well .I dont know how you fit all of the things you do in one day ! hows the painting coming on ? .
    Hope Tony is well really cant wait to be with you and Tony missing you both loads , talk soon , love to you both xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I think you will like Tiger Hills. In fact I've set aside a few books that I think you and Andrew might like, before giving the rest off to charity.
    The painting has started, but it's so hot that it's going to be a slow job. I've been thinking of saving some for Andrew to do when you come over!
    Tone's well (now I'm home and back to looking after him!! :-] ). I can't wait to see you too. It's been too long- but just another couple of weeks and you'll be here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enJOYing your 'passion' for books, too, Mark! I often think about you writing away on Take Two ... I love that I am surrounded by writers at the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I?m afraid the writing has had to take back seat today. I've been busy painting, and even took some time out.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: