Monday 2 July 2012

Melide & memories

After dinner last night I had a chat with the late arrival -an Aussie guy. Phew,not a happy chappy - and you guys downunder call US whinging Poms?!?
A later start again this morning, as all future days will be. The morning started with a mixed climb -both gentle and steep- up to a craggy outcrop. Up here I found the most beautiful purple orchid - Stunning.
A little further on I stopped at a roadside cafe for a coffee, where Lennie and Jan caught up. Len insisted on getting a photo of me, never having seen me with a coffee  before.  A minute or two later Sabine caught up too - it is clear we are all takking it a bit easier today. Sabine and I plan to stay in Melide, whilst L & J are going on to Ribadiso.
Within very litlle time at all we had arrived in Melide. After finding the albergue we found a cafe for one last lunch together on the road. Again the bocadillos were huge and we each ate half, stashing the other half for later.
After lunch we hugged and L & J went on their way and I queued to gst in the albergue, which BTW is really nice.
Showered and freshened I set out to explore the town and find places from my memories of 2010 - Chaplin cafe being fhe main one. Once I had found it and reconnected some memories I bought some cherries and sat in the sun to contemplate.
What a wonferful life I have.....


2 comments:

  1. We brought friut that day too ,and wasnt that the day i fancied bannas and low and behold round the corner bannas .
    I also spoke to my dad when we were having our lunch . Oh my it only seems like yesterday ! .So is it as lovely as we thought imean the rest of the town ? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's really nice. I' vve had a good liik round and am going back to Chapluns for dinner later.

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: