Thursday 19 July 2012

Painting and Pasts

Another busy day at Casa TulStig. 

I spent the morning painting the guest room, which included shifting furniture, dusting and cleaning too. BY the mid-afternoon it was all done, and so satisfying to see the finished effect. Just need to sort out which pictures are going to go on the wall eh voila!!
Gosh don't I look like Ralf Harris - Can you see what it is yet? 

This afternoon I even took some time out for myself and met up with Sue (and Lily) and had a walk down the Rambla to the seafront, where I completed a bit of secret squirrel work (Shhh) and we ahd a drink in Cafe Des Arts, where the waiter turned out to be one of my favourite students from my time at OK Idiomes in Sitges. I didn't recognise him at first as he'd grown his hair, but once he spoke  'Do you remember me' I remembered straight away. His name is Victor and he used to have lessons with another student (Gerard) and they were some of the best classes I ever did there -we had a real laugh. Happily he is working at Cafe Des Arts for the summer so we'll be seeing a lot more of him over the next few months, at least till he returns to Uni in September.  Whilst we were sitting enjoying our refreshments my phone rang- It was Bob. He and Tom are cruising round to the Med next week with a stopover in Barcelona next Sunday. We have arranged to meet up and spend the day together which will be great as we haven't seen each other face to face for about 20 years.


3 comments:

  1. Sorry a bit late with my comment,
    Daddy dear i love the colour you have painted my room ,thank you so much .Cant wait to see it . What a busy bee you have been.
    Hope you and Tone have a lovely sunday with Bob and Tom next sunday, Enjoy the rest of ya weekend and see you in 2 wks yiiiiipppppeeee !!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: