Wednesday 4 July 2012

I have now arrived in Pedrouzo and am staying in one of my favourite albergues from 2010: el puerto de Santiago. The hospitalero is kindness itself. The place is spotless and light with background music playing that is truly relaxing. Sitting on my bunk this afternoon was like time travel - all that was missing was Janey. Messaging her through WhatsApp anc both got a little emotional. The Camino can do that to you.
The way today has been clogged with peregrinos an tourigrinos which has made it less fun - I'm not sure that walking with a hello kitty bag on your back full of your cosmetics really makes for a real pilgrimage, but who am I to criticise?!
This afternoon I have had an extended and reviving siesta followed by a hot cafe con leche and tasty pastry. Tonight I shall avail myself of the veggie meal in the cafe across the road, but for now I am super-chilled.
As I get closer to Santiago I am beginning to think that I dont want it to end. In parts its been really hard, close to giving up hard, but I'm still going and feeling good.
Tomorrow I am planning to stay in Monte de Gozo - a 500 bed albergue complex. Apparently the dorms are small and its not as bad as it sounds. Anyway I shall offer a full report tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy these last couple of days Mark. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: