Sunday 15 July 2012

Kittens and clutter

Yesterday was Sprout's third birthday. I can hardly believe it was three years ago that I found his bare little body by the skips in a shoebox whilst walking the dogs. Our vet suggested he probably wouldn't survive, but I doggedly fed him every three hours (night and day) for the following few weeks, and not only did he survive he thrived. 

In August 2009 this was him next to his toy:


And this is him now (same toy) - What a handsome young man - and so loving - this afternoon he's spent a lot of time rubbing his nose and face all over mine- leaving me with a fur covered and itchy face- ah that's love! 


Today we've been continuing with our decluttering. It seems no-one wants our books, so sadly (and slightly guiltily) we are dumping them. So if you've been to our place(or seen any listed on our web-site http://personales.ya.com/tulstigespana ) and seen any that you might have liked to read get in touch quick. We've also been going through the cupboards and drawers and chucking out anything that is not of use or too close to our hearts. I'm loving all the clean space it's creating.

4 comments:

  1. What about a local charity/old age home - oh yes I forgot they are probably English in a Spanish country. Hmm! How expensive would it be to ship them to a UK charity???? Just an idea.

    You certainly saved a valuable life, when you found that cat - well done. What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second hand isn't done very well here in Spain- it's really looked down upon! And to ship them to the UK would cost me a fortune- Sadly it looks like the skips for them!

    As for my boy -yes he's priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you tried these: http://greenearthbooks.com/
    Or Amazon? they are both outlets for use books..
    Sprout looks so big! I remember playing with him on my honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think of listing them on one of these sites, but it seems it would cost me more to ship them than I'd get back. Anywhichway a charity has now said they will take them, along with loads of other stuff so that's sorted.
      As for Sprout -yep he's a bruiser now, and so 'cariñoso' as we say here!

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: