Tuesday 3 July 2012

Dreams, memories and stories.

After a terrible night's sleep,due to the noisiness of a group of teenagers, I set out earlier than intended and was more than pleased to be back in the peace of the countriside.  I 've also been having the weirdest and sometimes disturbing dreams.
Just outside Melide is the 50 km marker, where Jane and I posed for photos two years ago (check pivasa albums). I stopped here again and got a young lady to take another for me.
A little bit further on I crossed a stream on big boulders. More memories of 2010. Then a little further on was the fruit stand where we stopped for raspberries, but sadly today it was bereft of anything.
Much of the walk today was along farm tracks,and some through eucalyptus groves where the smell was intoxicating.
As I was only going as far as Arzua today (about 15kms) it didn't take long to arrive. This was good news as my right foot has been giving me a bit of PN pain today and is still quite sore.
Part of the way I walked with a lovely woman from Colorado, USA,who had a touching story about what brought her to the Camino. I was almost in tears.
I am now in the Albergue de Fonte, which is cosy. Just 6 beds in tbe room, wifi, and all mod cons. On arrival I did a load of washing and dried it in the drier as the skies have been threatening rain all day.
This evening I shall be making myself a light dinner, after a yrip to the shops, and hopefully getting a much better night's sleep.



3 comments:

  1. Iam having momories too Mark which is lovely to do , Shame there was no friut, have you seen many kittens this time ?. 0h yes do you still have your sticks ?. Did your fleece dry out alright?. .
    Well hope you have a better nights sleep , much love and always with you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes seeing loads of kittens, stiill have my stickd (I'm hoping tjey willl let me take them on the plane home) and my fleece came out the drier bone dry amd toasty warm. So all in all a good day.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mark. Nice pins! Hope your right foot feels better soon. Glad to hear that you are taking it a bit easier. Ash suggestion for your sticks names are Bill and Ben.. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: