Sunday 8 July 2012

Home again

Well I guess the title says it all -I'm back with my family in CasaTulStig.

At Santiago airport I checked in, sticks and all (they have a special no charge for sticks agreement for pilgrims travelling from Santiago).

After a slight delay I arrived back at BCN airport, picked up my rucksack, but no sticks. OMG my friends had got lost en-route. after a quick and efficient chat with the 'lost luggage' desk I was advised that as soon as they were located they would be delivered straight to our door, and happily they arrived this morning.

Arriving home is always a little traumatic after so long on the road, and this time as we have been having work done in the house it was doubly so, as the house was in a bit of a mess. Now I don't know about you, but I can't sit amongst a mess, so as soon as I arrived home I set to on it all so as I'd feel more comfortable.  Isn't it incredible how dust gets just about everywhere, especially when builders take no care to prevent it. Anyway the house is starting to get a little more comfortable, and tomorrow I shall be talking to the builders first thing...

So to the two questions that most of you ignored, but a couple of you did your best to answer.

First of all my sticks- Yes Janey was right - they were named 'Jane and Nick' -so I have a little something here for you when you come over next month. As soon as I received Janey's whatsApp message with the answer I wondered how she'd got into my head again!

And the weight I lost - 7.5 kilos (one stone and two pounds and a bit) - Janey thought I'd lose one and half stone (9.25 kilos) and Nick thought I'd lose 12 kilos - Janey you've done it again.


6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm honoured your crutch was named after me!!
    Pretty rubbish with the weight loss then! Still that's considerable. How's Tone? glad your back in one piece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU think my weight loss was pretty rubbish?! Huh, over a stone ;-) Tone's getting used to having me round again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well i say one stone thats great , do you feel better for losing it ?.
    So Nick and i supported you along the way ,we must have been good cause you kepted them this time .
    Hope the house is coming back to life again ,nice and clean clean and nice .
    Thank you for an amazing adventure , and thank you for my prize . Love to you and Tone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I don't really feel any different -apart from having to wear a belt to keep my shorts up!
      Yes I couldn't have done it without the support of my dear friends the sticks!!
      The house is gradually getting back to some semblance of normal. I've called the builders this morning and said I want it all done and dusted NOW. They're coming round later. As for the cleaning I've just about had enough already, and still there's more to do. Get your marigolds on and get on over here!!

      Delete
  4. Noooo My guess was pretty rubbish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know - just winding you up!! Tee Heee

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: