Sunday 19 May 2013

Eurovision song contest final

So last night I spent a very enjoyable few hours watching the Eurovision Song Contest final as is our wont here at Casa TulStig. 

Although tony was in Yorkshire for the weekend and I was on my own in the house, of course with the animals, who have been constantly by my side while tony is away,  I enjoyed WhatsApp and text contact with Anna, Nick, Caroline Annie and Sue who were all giving me their opinions on the songs throughout the show.  Nick,  however,  did give up about 3 quarters of the way through saying he was tired and went to bed.

I have to say that if you contest was 1 of the best I have seen for a long time with a whole range of good songs of various types including the usual traditional madness

We were all surprised that Ireland did so badly particularly as we thought it was a good song.


 Bonnie Tyler didn't do that much better but still better than Englebert Humperdinck last year. I have to say that I thought her performance was quite bad and that she was singing quite flat. I will give her an excuse though as perhaps it was because she had been talking and singing too much throughout the week because the clip of a concert that she did a few days before the final was much better. 



Bookies' favourite Denmark went on to win the song contest. Iit was one of my top 10 but not my preferred song, but what do I know about music? 



I still say that Joey Fischer could have done a much better job. Well, who knows, perhaps next year. After all Johnny Logan was wont to say "What's another year?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: