Tuesday 21 May 2013

Lottie News

This week I've been up the Allotment again for a few hours, and brought home a few more lettuce for consumption. It is so delightful to be eating the produce already.

On the way up there I stopped by the usually dry river bed  which was flooded and rushing across the road in torrents.




I spent some time putting up the canes for the tomatoes and the cucumbers and did a bit of weeding- with the warm weather and raining everything is growing really well, and that includes the weeds. 




Bernard and Pepi went off and cut the canes down the dry riverbed a few days back
 and I put them up: 

Whilst Pepi was there the other day doing a bit of weeding she found a mouse's nest




Whilst up there I met a couple of the 'ladies' that have the plot next to ours and enjoyed a good old chin wag with them. Ursula and Gloria planted some Iris bulbs under one of the trees which should bring forth some beautiful blue flowers later in the summer. 


6 comments:

  1. You're photography is really bringing the blog to life. Looking forward to the Camino ones now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It also saves me a lot of writing - lazy really aren't I?
      I hope you're following the new Camino blog as we build up to the big day... http://camino-ways.blogspot.com.es/

      Delete
  2. Beautiful garden - loved the little mouse - hope they don't enjoy the produce too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a beautiful site Beverly, with amazing energy. AS for the mice we're happy to share!

      Delete
  3. This post is so peaceful, Mark ... I do enJOY reading about "Lottie" ~ thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. It is a rally peaceful place, and I enjoy writing about it -more to come as the year progresses and teh crops change...

      Delete

Please leave me a comment: