Sunday 11 December 2011

Christmas and stuff

This morning's first task, which I really love, was to cook up the Christmas cake. It's a special last minute, easy and fast recipe, that I really enjoyed last year, and have loved filling the house with Christmassy cooking smells by baking again today.
If things work out like last year I'll be eating most of it myself, but hey ho I think I'll manage, especially if Tone brings home a little strong cheddar to go with it, an of course the obligatory glass of port!

While the cake was baking I grabbed the pressies I bought yesterday and the wrapping paper and wrapped some goodies up  and put them under the tree. The cats and Cuddy were really interested in what was going on and a couple of times tired to unwrap my wrapping. After chiding them severely (not) I balled up the wrapping they'd ruined and they spent the next five or so minutes chasing that and each other around the room. We was having fun!!!

The next task was to finish printing off the Christmas cards. Tone took a load back to the UK to post, but one of the printer cartridges ran out, another arrived on Friday so I could get back to the task. All done now, and tomorrow after a trip to the post office they will all be wending their way to greet family and friends all over.


This afternoon after a short siesta- much needed as I twisted my back again whilst mopping the yard - I watched a teleworkshop. I found the intro a little long, but stuck with it. Then there was a visualisation- I've never managed to go there - but the suggestions and energy work I really got, and was moved enough to tear up a past life-script adn am in the process of throwing that in the rubbish for good. I am good enough!!

One of the blogs (Marc and Angel Hack Life) I watch had an update today of 30 things to stop doing to yourself.  I think the Universe was consolidating my message from the teleworkshop with this. Whilst the suggestions were almost all starting with 'Stop doing....' and I would have preferred 'Start doing...' I took the message on board.

Here's to Christmas, stuff, and new beginnings!! ....

As an aside I've just seen that 'The Help' is out now -a great book and I so want to see the film (so if you're reading this dear husband of mine.. well you get the message). And I've just seen an advert for 'The girl with a dragon tattoo' film coming out this month too. I even liked the trailers for both films -fingers crossed the film is as good  as the book. Looks like a trip to the BCN English language cinema could be on the cards this Christmas holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Your cake looks delicious - I bet the house smelt wonderful.
    I have watched all three of the 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' movies and read the books - really good. I watched the original version with subtitles - fantastic - not sure if the English versions will be as good.
    Your Christmas prep looks fun
    Hope your back is better soon.
    Hugs Beverly

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: