Wednesday 14 December 2011

Missing Him

For the first time in ages Tony has spent a whole week at his Mum's in Yorkshire. Normally he goes for a long weekend, but due to Easyjet changing their schedules he has had to travel with another airline and could only travel over 7days. He left last Thursday, and thank goodness is back tomorrow.

I enjoy time on my own, getting a chance to push myself and do things without worrying about leaving Tony out, but boy do I miss him. An ever present ear to listen to my ramblings, whether he really is listening is another matter.  A sounding board for my ideas, even if he doesn't always give the reply I'm after. We don't always get on 100% (some of you may be surprised to hear) but we do so get on. When he's here I complain he doesn't do enough, when he's not here I miss his contributions. And that's one of the reasons why my blog has been sporadic this week. A lot has been going on, but I've been lacking in passing on my great news.

First of all. My novel - WINNER - is now available in print on the Lulu site.  Or from my author's page. (That still makes me chuckle- authors page!!) I will soon put a link on our personal website too, but haven't really had time to do so over the past few days.  I love the cover which was again designed by Alan Hayes, a distant relative of mine. Writing the story was all absorbing, and at the end I felt a little bereft, until the characters started to tell me what is happening with them now. I could almost say I was missing my lead character Joey, and all the friends I made between the book's covers. If that feeling gets over to anyone else of making friends with the characters I'll be thrilled. The sequel is in my head and sometime during the Christmas break I will start putting it on paper. I feel I have many journeys to share with these guys!
If you want to buy 'Winner' I've agreed  20% discount with Lulu again. If you want a signed  copy - let me know and I'll sort it out for the New year. 

The Magic of the Camino sales have done so much better than I could ever have imagined. Michelle has done a great job of promoting me down in Australia, and has sold all the books sent over a couple of weeks back. Janey's doing a sterling job in England, and even has her hairdresser promoting it in her salon!  I've also set it up as an E-book, but apparently something doesn't conform to the required specifications, so I am in the process of revising it again before it will be passed to outlets other than Lulu.



4 comments:

  1. I never realised Winner was finished! Congratulations!

    You have just single handedly solved Kelly's Christmas present conundrum for me!

    I'm really looking forward to this one.
    Hope all is well in Villanova, I'm sure Tone is missing you as much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well he's home now, already making the place untidy, but I'd rather he was here and it was untidy than the opposite.

    I think if you order now it should arrive before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, wanted to share some comments about "the Magic" ... Marjorie had to stop reading 4 pages in because she was overcome with emotion (had planned to do the walk, 14 years ago, got fit then was told that a medical condition would prevent her from doing the walk!) ... she is now up to chapter 10. Davine commented that she LOVES knowing the author - feels a greater connection to the 'magic' of "The Magic"! Looking forward to promoting "Winner", down under!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle -those comments are amazing. I am thinking that I should read it again! I am overwhelmed by wonderful feedback I am getting.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment: