Thursday 15 December 2011

Waterworks n stuff

This morning I planned to get so much done before picking Tony up at the airport, but was slightly thwarted when I got to the bathroom to find we had no water. I had already turned the washing machine on wondering why it was making a whining noise, so rushed back and turned that off, then after a couple of choice expletives I calmed down and got on with it.

I gradually worked through most of the jobs I'd set myself for the morning, amazed that I instinctively went to the tap so many times for water, even though I was well aware there was none. I was struck by the realisation of how much I for one take having water on tap for granted. I managed for most of the day without it, but it wasn't a normal day. I can hardly imagine what it is like for those without water on a daily basis.

Tony's flight was slightly delayed, and I was so pleased to see him when he walked through the doors at arrivals in BCN. I always find airports emotional, even if I'm not saying goodbye. I think the buildings must store up the emotions that people exhibit whilst there, and being a sensitive soul I pick up on that every time- yes I did shed a tear when I picked up Tone!

It was great to hear news from Yorkshire and the in-laws. I haven't been back to that part of the world for at least eight years. He even managed to take a selection of good photos this year, so I have an even better idea of how everyone is doing. It was great to see his mum lookinmg well and enjoying herself (left with Tone's nephew, Andrew), and seeing Jools n Lynne's new Labradoodle balanced on Jool's lap is hilarious (below) Their other dog is a black Labrador, and looks just like Cuddy- she even has a similar collar to her!(also below)


This afternoon I've been working on the PC, before classes and was brought to tears again- One of Tony's cousins in the UK posted a 'Flash mob' video to Facebook of some carollers singing in a shopping centre.  It really doesn't take much to set me off!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment: